MicroBT, the second largest ASIC manufacturer, will announce the newest Whatsminer series at the Bitcoin Conference in Miami on April 6, according to a tweet from the company.
- The machine has a hashrate of 114 TH/s at 29 J/TH, a source familiar with the matter told Mining Memo.
- The M50 is therefore slightly ahead of the current top model, the M30S++, in both power and efficiency at 112 TH/s and 31 J/TH, respectively.
- The unit is competitive with the Antminer S19 Pro under the assumed specifications.
- Official numbers have yet to be released.
- The news follows announcements from both Intel and Bitmain on new machine types, including the bleeding edge Antminer S19XP Hydro.
Image via MicroBT.